Information Collection And Use
Cosmic Quake as the Party Responsible of Data Handling, will handle your personal data for the following purposes:
- Contacting you through email regarding updates or information related to features or services, as long as they are needed or reasonable.
- We also use your information to generate aggregated non-identifying data (generate statistics regarding our users, number of impressions or clicks, visitor demographics).
We automatically collect some information about visitors:
- Technical Data from a Visitor’s Computer and Etcetera: We collect the information that web browsers, mobile devices, and servers typically make available about visitors to a Site, such as the IP address, browser type, unique device identifiers, language preference, referring site, the date and time of access, operating system, and mobile network information.
- Location Information: We may determine the approximate location of a visitor’s device from the IP address. We collect and use this information to, for example, tally for our Users how many people visit their Sites from certain geographic regions.
Cosmic Quake follows a standard procedure of using log files. These files log visitors when they visit websites. The information collected by log files include internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), date and time stamp, referring/exit pages, and possibly the number of clicks. These are not linked to any information that is personally identifiable. The purpose of the information is for analyzing trends, administering the site, tracking users’ movement on the website, and gathering demographic information.
If You Send Us Personal Information
If you choose to provide personal information by sending an e-mail, we will use the information you provide to respond to you. Please do not send us sensitive information via e-mail. It is possible that during transmission of your e-mail this information may be intercepted by a third party. We cannot guarantee its safety while in transit. We use personally identifiable information to provide better service. Any information that we collect via email may be subject to disclosure, but will be handled in accordance with the requirements of the Privacy Act and the Freedom of Information Act to ensure the greatest protection of personal privacy.
We may transfer personal information to a third party only in the following cases:
- To legal authorities if we suspect that you are attempting to change or otherwise damage this web site;
- or to Congress or a court in response to a subpoena.
What are cookies?
Cookies are small pieces of data, stored in text files, that are stored on your computer or other device when websites are loaded in a browser. They ensure a consistent and efficient experience for visitors, and perform essential functions.
Some cookies allow the display of advertising from selected third party networks. Some of these cookies may be set when a page is loaded, or when a visitor takes a particular action.
- We collect and send the following information (made available from the visitor’s browser) to our Demand Partners: IP address, geographical data (derived from the IP address), user agent, operating system, device type, unique user ID (randomly generated identifier), current URL, and IAB (Interactive Advertising Bureau) interest category.
- Data Retention: Log data (IP address, geographical data, user agent, operating system, device type) is stored for 30 days. The unique user ID is stored in cookies and is retained for 1 year.
- We track ad impressions, video-related events (i.e. pause, mute, 100% plays, etc.) or errors, and ad click events.
- Various cookies are used for the following purposes: delivering targeted advertisements to specific visitors, storing user identifiers, and collecting anonymous ad platform stats.
Non Personally Identifiable Information
Cosmic Quake may also collect or receive additional non-personally identifiable usage information specifically related to the use of a particular feature, and responses to the offerings and advertisements presented on the Web Site. Cosmic Quake may also collect or receive (in some cases as part of the internet communication protocol) certain non-personally identifiable technical information, when the Web Site and pages are visited.
How We Use Visitor Information
We may use and share information that has been reasonably de-identified, so that the information could not reasonably be used to identify any individual.
Our Disclosure Of Your Information
Cosmic Quake is not in the business of selling your information. We consider this information to be a vital part of our relationship with you. There are, however, certain circumstances in which we may share your information with certain third parties, as set forth below:
- Business Transfers: As we develop our business, we might sell or buy businesses or assets. In the event of a corporate sale, merger, reorganization, bankruptcy, dissolution or similar event, your information may be part of the transferred assets.
- Consent: We may transfer your information with your consent.
- Legal Requirements: We may disclose your information if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to (i) comply with a legal obligation, (ii) protect and defend the rights or property of Cosmic Quake, (iii) protect the personal safety of users of the Services or the public, or (iv) protect against legal liability.
- Aggregated or Non-identifiable Data: We may also share aggregated or non-personally identifiable information with our partners or others for business purposes.
How We Share Visitor Information
We may share information collected about visitors in the limited circumstances spelled out below:
- To Protect Rights, Property, and Others: We may disclose Site visitor information when we believe in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of CosmicQuake, third parties, or the public at large. For example, if we have a good faith belief that there is an imminent danger of death or serious physical injury, we may disclose information related to the emergency without delay.
- Business Transfers: In connection with any merger, sale of company assets, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business by another company, Site visitor information would likely be one of the assets that is transferred or acquired by a third party. If any of these events were to happen, this Privacy Notice would continue to apply to Site visitor information and the party receiving this information may continue to use this information, but only consistent with this Privacy Notice.
How Do We Protect Your Data
- We use a variety of physical and technical measures, policies, and procedures to help protect your information from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure.
- We use a variety of physical and technical measures, policies, and procedures (such as access control procedures, network firewalls, and physical security) designed to protect our systems and your Personal Information.
- Unfortunately, there’s no such thing as completely secure data transmission or storage, so we can’t guarantee that our security will not be breached (by technical measures or through violation of our policies and procedures).
How Long We Keep Visitor Information
- Except as otherwise stated in this policy, we only keep your Personal Information as long as necessary to maintain, understand and improve Cosmic Quake or to comply with U.S. law.
- Once we receive Personal Information from you, we keep it for the shortest possible time that is consistent with the maintenance, understanding, and improvement of Cosmic Quake, and our obligations under applicable U.S. law. Non-personal information may be retained indefinitely.
- We keep the web server logs that record information about a visitor — such as the visitor’s IP address, browser type, and operating system — for approximately 30 days.
- We keep that IP address for approximately 30 days to give us time to calculate your monthly Site Stats and address any issues with those counts.
Choice and Control
We do our best to give you as much choice as possible regarding the amount of personal data you provide to us, and the control you have over that data. It is not necessary for you to provide us with any data in order to visit the Website, although certain data will be collected automatically by virtue of your visit.
Social Sharing Features
Cosmic Quake may offer features which let you share actions you take with other websites, and vice versa. The use of such social sharing features enables the sharing of certain information with your friends or the public, depending on the settings you establish with the third party that provides the feature. For more information about the purpose and scope of data collection and processing in connection with social sharing features, please visit the privacy policies of the third parties that provide these features.
The security of your Personal Information is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While we strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your Personal Information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
Third-Party Providers and Their Services
To ensure a positive user experience, you may receive content or web links from third parties other than SoundCloud and its partners (“third parties”). You can choose whether to use the links, view the content and/or access the products or services provided by third parties. Cosmic Quake cannot control the privacy practices and data protection policies of third parties that are not subject to this Policy. When you submit personal information to such a third party, please read and refer to the privacy protection policy of the third party.
Links To Other Sites
Where we need to Process your Sensitive Personal Information for a legitimate purpose, we do so in accordance with applicable law. The Services are not intended for use by children.
- The Services are not intended for use by children, especially those under 13 (or applicable age in your country) (“Minor(s)”).
- Minors should not provide any Personal Information .
- If it is discovered that we have collected Personal Information from a Minor , we will delete that information immediately.
Our Service does not address anyone under the age of 18 (“Children”), or, if younger than 18, are at least 13 or older and have a parent’s or guardian’s permission to access or use the Service. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable information from children under 18. If you are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with Personal Information, please contact us. If we discover that a child under 18 has provided us with Personal Information, we will delete such information from our servers immediately.
Protection of Personal Data
Cosmic Quake takes the security of Your Personal Data very seriously.
- Cosmic Quake implements policy, rules and security measures targeting the protection of Personal Data.
- Cosmic Quake diligently updates, corrects and eliminate Personal Data that are inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant.
- Cosmic Quake warrants that, for persons acting under its authority, access to Personal Data and the possibilities for processing these Personal Data are limited to what is needed by these persons for the exercise of their duties.
- Cosmic Quake ascertains compliance of programmes used for automatic processing of Personal Data and monitors the regularity of their application.
- Cosmic Quake ascertains that any person who has access to Personal Data can only process such Personal Data on instructions of CosmicQuake, except in the case of an obligation imposed by or in virtue of the law, a decree or a court order.
- Cosmic Quake takes the necessary technical and organizational measures to safeguard against accidental or unauthorized destruction, accidental loss and modiﬁcation, access or any other unauthorized processing of Personal Data.
- These measures ensure an adequate level of protection in view, on one hand, of the state of techniques in the ﬁeld and the costs entailed for the application of these measures and, on the other hand, of the nature of the Personal Data to be protected and the potential risks.
By using the Services, you consent to the collection, storage, processing, and transfer of your information in other countries and territories, pursuant to the international laws, where permitted by law. Some of these countries may not offer the same level of privacy protection as your own. Any such transfers will comply with safeguards as required by relevant law. If applicable, you may have a right to claim compensation for damages caused by a breach of relevant data protection laws. Some international users of our Services have certain legal rights to access certain information we hold about them and to request its deletion. For example, your local laws may permit you to request that we:
- Provide access to and/or a copy of certain information we have about you;
- Prevent the processing of your information for direct-marketing purposes;
- Update information which is out of date or incorrect;
- Delete certain information which we have about you;
- Restrict the way that we process and disclose certain of your information;
- Transfer your information to a third party provider of services; and
- Revoke your consent for the processing of your information.
We will consider all requests and provide our response within the time period stated by applicable law. Certain information may be exempt from such requests in some circumstances, which may include if we need to keep processing your information for our legitimate interests or to comply with a legal obligation. We may request you provide us with information necessary to confirm your identity before responding to your request. If you would like further information in relation to your legal rights under applicable law or would like to exercise any of them, please contact us.
The Right Of Users
Users may exercise certain rights regarding their Data processed by the Owner.
In particular, Users have the right to do the following:
- Withdraw their consent at any time. Users have the right to withdraw consent where they have previously given their consent to the processing of their Personal Data.
- Object to processing of their Data. Users have the right to object to the processing of their Data if the processing is carried out on a legal basis other than consent. Further details are provided in the dedicated section below.
- Access their Data. Users have the right to learn if Data is being processed by the Owner, obtain disclosure regarding certain aspects of the processing and obtain a copy of the Data undergoing processing.
- Verify and seek rectification. Users have the right to verify the accuracy of their Data and ask for it to be updated or corrected.
- Restrict the processing of their Data. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to restrict the processing of their Data. In this case, the Owner will not process their Data for any purpose other than storing it.
- Have their Personal Data deleted or otherwise removed. Users have the right, under certain circumstances, to obtain the erasure of their Data from the Owner.
- Receive their Data and have it transferred to another controller. Users have the right to receive their Data in a structured, commonly used and machine readable format and, if technically feasible, to have it transmitted to another controller without any hindrance. This provision is applicable provided that the Data is processed by automated means and that the processing is based on the User’s consent, on a contract which the User is part of or on pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Lodge a Complain. Users have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your Personal Data.
If you are located in certain parts of the world, including California and countries that fall under the scope of the European General Data Protection Regulation (aka the “GDPR”), you may have certain rights regarding your personal information, like the right to request access to or deletion of your data.
European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
If you are located in a country that falls under the scope of the GDPR, data protection laws give you certain rights with respect to your personal data, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the rights to:
- Request access to your personal data;
- Request correction or deletion of your personal data;
- Object to our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request that we limit our use and processing of your personal data;
- Request portability of your personal data;
- You also have the right to make a complaint to a government supervisory authority.
Legal Bases for Collecting and Using Information
A note here for those in the European Union about our legal grounds for processing information about you under EU data protection laws, which is that our use of your information is based on the grounds that:
(1) The use is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation; or
(2) The use is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or those of another person; or
(3) We have a legitimate interest in using your information — for example, to provide and update our Services; to improve our Services so that we can offer you an even better user experience; to safeguard our Services; to communicate with you; to measure, gauge, and improve the effectiveness of our advertising; and to understand our user retention and attrition; to monitor and prevent any problems with our Services; and to personalize your experience.
California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA)
The California Consumer Privacy Act (“CCPA”) requires us to provide California residents with some additional information about the categories of personal information we collect and share, where we get that personal information, and how and why we use it.
If you are a California resident, you have additional rights under the CCPA, subject to any exemptions provided by the law, including the right to:
- Identifiers (like your name, contact information, and device and online identifiers);
- Geolocation data (such as your location based on your IP address);
- Request to know the categories of personal information we collect, the categories of business or commercial purpose for collecting and using it, the categories of sources from which the information came, the categories of third parties we share it with, and the specific pieces of information we collect about you;
- Request deletion of personal information we collect or maintain;
- Opt out of any sale of personal information;
- Not receive discriminatory treatment for exercising your rights under the CCPA.
Right to Know
- You may request the any of following, for the 12 month period preceding your request: (1) the categories of Personal Data we have collected about you; (2) the categories of sources from which your Personal Data was collected; and (3) the specific pieces of Personal Data we have collected about you.
Right to Delete
- You have the right to delete certain Personal Data that we hold about you, subject to exceptions under applicable law.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information
California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we “sell”. We do not sell information that identifies you personally such as your name or email address, and we does not actively engage in the sale of personal information. Our marketing partners who may place cookies through their ads. Certain usage by our partners of the information stored in these cookies may technically be considered a sale according to some regulatory interpretations. Therefore, if you are any question about what data can be collected and shared by our marketing partners, please contact us.
Nevada residents have the right to opt out of the sale of certain “covered information” collected by operators of websites or online services. We currently do not sell covered information, as “sale” is defined by such law, and we don’t have plans to sell this information.
Users Located in Brazil
In addition to the rights outlined above, where the Lei Geral de Proteção de Dados (“LGPD”) applies, you may:
- Ask that we provide confirmation of the existence of the processing of your personal data;
- Access the personal data we hold about you and certain information about how we use it and who we share it with including information about any public and private entities we have shared your personal data with;
- Request the deletion of personal information we have collected from you, subject to certain exceptions;
- Ask us to anonymize, block, or delete unnecessary or excessive data or data that is not being processed in compliance with the LGPD; and
- Ask us to provide information about the possibility of denying consent for the processing of your personal data and the consequences of such denial.
We may also use or disclose Personal Information if required to do so by law or in the good-faith belief that such action is necessary to (a) conform to applicable law or comply with legal process served on us; (b) protect and defend our rights or property, and (c) act under emergency circumstances to protect the personal safety of us, our affiliates, agents, or the users or the public.
Lenght Of Time Your Data Will Be Stored
We may also use your personal information to generate Aggregated Data for internal use and for sharing with others on a selective basis. “Aggregated Data” means records which have been stripped of information potentially identifying users, and which have been manipulated or combined to provide generalized, anonymous information. Your identity and personal information will be kept anonymous in Aggregated Data.
Important Privacy Notice
For your own security, please remember not to provide personal information in response to any electronic communications regarding security breaches. Thank you for your attention and we appreciate your assistance in securing your personal information. If you have any further questions, please email us at .
The User’s Personal Data may be used for legal purposes by the Owner in Court or in the stages leading to possible legal action arising from improper use of this Application or the related Services. The User declares to be aware that the Owner may be required to reveal personal data upon request of public authorities.
Personal Jurisdiction and Legal Compliance